Materials and Tools Required
You will also need a high purity source of calcium or magnesium hydroxide. Such calcium hydroxide can be purchased as pickling lime or as kalkwasser for saltwater aquariums.
- Scissors (useful for cutting air tubing)
- If you do not already have a scale for weighing, you will need one that has a precision to the nearest 0.1 g or less (0.01 g is preferable).
Tools for the optional Box and Fan setup
- Drill with 8/32” drill bit (for fan mounting holes)
- Box cutter (for scoring and cutting the fan ventilation holes)
- Sharpie or other permanent marker (optional but very useful)
- Small reciprocating saw (optional - would be useful for cutting the round ventilation holes on the sides of the file box)
- 5% distilled white vinegar (for testing for CaCO3)
- Spoon (for dispensing Ca(OH)2 without the need to pour it)
Minimal unit assembly takes a few minutes, assuming you’ve already eaten the hummus from the hummus container. The file box + fan assembly can be done in 2 hours following the provided instructions.